How We Can Help . . .
Assistive technology can help make homes more accessible. It can also help people with disabilities care for themselves more easily and help families care for and support a member with a disability.
- Safer Entry and Exit
- Greater Independence in the Bathroom and Kitchen
- Environmental Controls for Telephones, TVs, Electronics
Requesting an assistive technology evaluation from Advancing Opportunities is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Here’s how to begin
1. For individuals and families already registered with the New Jersey Division of Developmental Disabilities
, the process begins with a discussion with your case manager about independence goals and barriers. Ask what barriers might be able to be removed through the use of assistive technology, or through making your home accessible. People not registered with DDD, can call us at 1-888-322-1918 ext. 595 for more information.
For families working with the Traumatic Brain Injury Fund (TBI Fund), download this flyer to see what services we may be able to provide. Your TBI case manager can make a referral for services with this form.
2. Your DDD case manager can download and complete the DDD Referral Application
available here in PDF form.
3. Submit the form via email or fax it to us at 609-882-4054.
What Happens Next
Once your referral has been received, a member of the Assistive Technology Services department will contact you to schedule an appointment for an evaluation. We will come to your home and assess the individual's abilities and independence goals to see what type of assistive technology or home accessibility would work best.